Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, Fun day

Sundays usually come with some anxiety for me.  The past couple have been exceptionally bad.  I get anxious because I'm worried/doubtful that I've got the very best story/lesson possible for Monday's classes.  Once first and second period on Monday have passed, I'm usually much better.  And by the end of the day, I'm confident that I can make it the rest of the week.  Why is Sunday so stressful? 
This Sunday's remedy came when I finally crafted a story for my third years with the following structures: no digas (don't say/tell), no pongas (don't put), no te pierdas (don't get lost).  It's difficult to come up with a story with all three.  It was probably pretty silly of me to pick these three commands, but alas I have a story.  It involves Bill Gates eating love pills (from another story) and talking with a few of his friends and his mother about his overpowering love of Lady Gaga.  He gets better when Steve Jobs gives him a shot of hate.  There's a lot of dialogue because we're focusing on commands, so I'm banking on the fact that my students will help me out.  I hope they will.  January always makes for a tough crowd. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment