Thursday, July 14, 2011

World Wise School Update

So last summer, in the midst of my dive into TPRS, I found this because of my continued interest in the Peace Corps.  It is a program in which current classroom teachers are matched up with current Peace Corps Volunteers (PCV) to enhance the classroom experience.  I was excited when we were matched with our PCV because she grew up in the community I teach in.  However last year didn't prove to be the most successful.

Our PCV recently emailed me with some amazing ideas for the coming year, so we have a renewed sense of hope.  It just so happens that I am tinkering with standards-based grading (SBG) this year in order to align myself with the new state and national standards, and these new ideas really hit on the new standards.  We are hoping to facilitate proficiency of the standards through video responses by real Hondurans to my students' questions and through short letters. 

I am totally excited and trying to be as purposeful as possible, even though I was going to take today "off", but now I'm too compelled to stop.  Here's to another year of possibility.  I'm getting excited to get back with my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment