Saturday, November 27, 2010

NTPRS 2011

Yahoo!  I just bit the bullet and registered for the 2011 National TPRS conference in ST. Louis, MO.  Sure, it's expensive (especially when I'm getting married, going on a honeymoon, a full time grad student, and a poor starting teacher), but I'm super excited to go.

Gus and I talked about it today at lunch.  We decided the sooner I start investing in myself, the bigger the return will be later.  I might go for a couple of years successively, but I might eventually be able to go and be a presenter instead of an attendee.  Who knows.

Another big reason that I'm so excited to go, is to better my craft of TPRS/CI.  I've been reading a lot of studies for my literature review for my graduate class this quarter and TPRS/CI seems to be the only logical, supported, efficient way to teach students to acquire a second language.  Research (credible research) supports the comprehensible input hypothesis over all other SLA hypotheses.  Thus, I feel that the best move I can make as a highly qualified professional is to push myself to push my students' acquisition of Spanish through TPRS.

Let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment